The Importance of building a value led brand
The European cannabis industry is taking shape at a rapid pace. It is a once in a generation moment and the coming years are going to be so exciting for a number of reasons specifically around patient access, product development and research.
There are a handful of companies that have been around for a number of years but in the main the industry is going to be made up of new entrants to the market, especially in Europe. All of these companies will be finding their own identity as the market grows so having a core set of values is vital to the authenticity and purpose of these businesses.
Values give you a number of things; a clear set of beliefs, something that you stand for, a way to connect with patients, customers and your internal talent. Above all they give you your ‘why’ which is what Simon Sinek refers to as the golden circle.
Having a clear set of values and beliefs is important for a number of reasons:
- It helps to create a sense of purpose and meaning for employees. When employees understand the values and beliefs that drive the company, they feel more connected to the organisation and its mission. This can help to increase motivation, engagement, and retention.
- It helps to build trust and credibility with patients and customers. They are more likely to trust and do business with a company that is transparent about its values and beliefs. By clearly communicating what you stand for, you can earn the respect and loyalty of your core audience.
- It helps to differentiate your brand in the marketplace. The cannabis space is going to get extremely noisy in the coming years. In a crowded and competitive marketplace, it’s important to stand out and be memorable. By having a clear set of values and beliefs, GLO can differentiate its brand and attract patients and customers who share similar values and beliefs.
One of the first things we did when we founded GLO was to think about what kind of business we wanted to be. There are so many things you can do, so many paths you can take but one thing we all came back to as founders was that we want to build an amazing company. We want GLO to have a core purpose that we live every day alongside a set of values that guide all of our decisions from hiring great talent through to what products we produce and the patients we serve.
GLO’s values support our main mission which is to Help people live better.
Whether it is treating a medical condition or improving mental and physical wellbeing. We believe in the power of cannabis to have a material positive effect on our patients and customers.
The GLO core values are as follows –
- Epic, everyday – Total commitment to be the best we can be as individuals, as a team and as a company everyday, all days.
- Plant Powered – Plants have helped shape human society. We believe they have an even more important role to play in the future. We are proud that they are at the heart of our business.
- Never Stop Learning – We are always in discovery mode. Whether it is learning about the plant and its possibilities or the patients we serve. We are relentless in our pursuit for knowledge around cannabis.
- Do the right thing – We are an ethical business and we want to live this in word and action.
- Enjoy the ride – This is a new frontier. It’s going to be an exciting journey. Let’s embrace it. Bring big and wild ideas – let’s shape the future together.
Living these values is part of our DNA. They help GLO build a strong brand which we see as the long term difference between success and failure. A great brand is more than just a logo or a catchy slogan – it’s a reflection of our values, beliefs, and culture. They will help a GLO develop a positive internal culture, attract and retain patients and customers, and stand out in the marketplace.
How Values & Beliefs Affect Internal Culture
A company’s values and beliefs play a critical role in shaping its internal culture. The culture of an organisation is the collective attitudes, behaviours, and values that define the way things are done within the company. A positive and supportive culture can create a sense of belonging, increase engagement and productivity, and ultimately drive business success.
Having a clear set of values and beliefs is essential for creating a positive and cohesive culture within an organisation. When everyone in the company understands and aligns with the values and beliefs of the organisation, it helps to create a shared sense of purpose and direction. This can help to foster collaboration, teamwork, and a sense of community within the company.
On the other hand, if a company’s values and beliefs are unclear or inconsistent, it can lead to confusion and conflict within the organisation. Employees may feel disconnected or uncertain about their role and purpose, which can lead to low morale and turnover.
At GLO we are laser focussed on creating an amazing culture of inclusion and belonging. Where people can express themselves and do the best work of their lives in an exciting new sector.
Values & beliefs in patient and customer development
In addition to shaping internal culture, we believe that values and beliefs can also play a significant role in attracting and retaining patients and customers. They are increasingly looking for brands that share their values and beliefs, and they are more likely to do business with companies that align with their own personal values. This is so important to the whole team at GLO.
This is why we say we live our values every day. GLO having a clear set of values and beliefs will help build trust and credibility with our patients and customers. When these key audiences know what a company stands for and what it believes in, they are more likely to trust the company and feel confident in their purchasing decisions as it aligns with their own values.
The GLO team is excited to continue to develop our brand and deepen how our values plug into it over the coming weeks, months and years with our patients and the wider cannabis community at the heart of it.
If you are interested in working with us please get in touch. Lets GLO!
Get in touch
We love hearing from people who believe in the power of cannabis. If you are a patient, a potential supplier or an investor please say hello!